Pink Saturday

Friday, October 31, 2008

BEST THINGS FOR LAST.


This week i thought there would be nothing to show for Pink Saturday, but of course the month of October hasn't ended yet and this is the month for pink. Jaimie and I went shopping in the mall and guess what everything and everywhere we looked there was pink --so guess who couldn't resist this!!!!! me .......i bought the last pink pie plate with frills-- that did it ....the frills...!! also there was a pink rubber scrapper too....

and pink slippers that had roses imprinted in the quilting and right! i guess you see my pink plaid pj's hahhaha


Three years ago my youngest daughter had a daughter of her own and she loves flowers and orange. her mother says to put flowers on the birtday cake and her dad says to make it carrot cake . that is what it is. carrot cake. would you like the recipe!!!
it is called Aunty Neva's Carrot Cake it turns out really nice and light, I put it in a cookie sheet pan and i think only baked it for 15 min.
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil
2 tbsp vanilla
beat these really well and add
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup each of walnuts, raisins, grated carrots--you can put in 2 cups
fold these ingredients in and bake at 350 just until done.



Keep scrolling ladies the best is yet to come for all you quilters............but here a beautiful sunset is here and down toward the treeline to the left, right on top of the trees, peeking from betwwn two trees, can you see it..... the clouds look like a kitty' ears and head.


see you can see it here too --right on top of the mountain. you can see it better if you click on the picture. hopefully it will work for you.



and again in plain sight. it just made me happy to see it there and the sky was so pretty coming home from work.....
this was the morning sky one other day............


OKAY! The best for last.........couple years before mom died she still was into quilting and able to do it. this one she made for my oldest daughters girl....and it is pink. i was very excited to show this to you today. the design is so for a little girl and the material so delicately flowered and pink. she quilted on the big quilting machine and it is also appliqued with her writing on the back............






When Jehoshaphat faced a difficult battle, he prayed, "we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon Thee," (II Chronicles 20:12

All the way my Savior leads me
Cheers each winding path I tread,
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living Bread.
Though my weary steps may falter
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.

Blessing and joy and victory in all that you do this week. Taking the name of Jesus I ask that the healing you need will be one that gives you this peace....amen

17 comments:

SmilingSally said...

You 'bout covered everything in this one nice post. Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful sunset pictures! What a beautiful, nature filled place to live! Lovely Pink post!

Betty said...

Oh! That quilt is wonderful and such a treasure! Have a wonderful Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing your scripture is to me today...
Thank you!
Be anxious for nothing!!! keeps coming to mind...from Phillpians

So nice to meet you:)

kayellen

Stephanie said...

Beautiful Quilt!! I'm going to have to try out that carrot cake recipe!

Great Pink Post!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

Katie said...

It took me a while, but I finally saw the kitty! Lovely post! Oh the quilt is wonderful! Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Well now...I think I might just have to get me a pair of those pink plaid jammies. Loving those! HPS ~ Lynn
P.S. What a precious keepsake that quilt is.

. said...

Love your scripture and prayer. So inspiring to me. Blessings, Denise

Lori Lynn said...

Love the slippers and the quilt is gorgeous! Happy PS!

Virginia said...

Beautiful Quilt!!& beautiful pictures.
Many Blessings, Virginia

said...

The quilt is soooo beautiful.

Fifi Flowers said...

Pretty, yummy looking cake!
LOVE the keys in your previous post.
ENJOY your week!
Fifi

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, lovely pinks. Happy Pink Saturday to you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Bev .. love the pink pie plate, and also the quilt. I'm starting to change my mind about the purported evils of machine quilting, in favor of getting some of my hand-pieced quilt tops completed.

Victoria

Sherri said...

wow. Lots of pretty pinks! The pie plate is really cute.

Maggie Ann said...

Your carrot cake sounds so yummy! But...Right now I've challenged myself to a drastically cut back on sugar and no flour diet. I feel great...and am losing a few pounds to boot. Your quilting is exquisite!

Ms.Daisy said...

Hi, When I saw the quilt your Mother made for your daughter, I couldn't believe my eyes! My Grandmother (my father's mother) made a quilt with butterflies in the squares for me many, many years ago when I was 4 (okay that's 63 years ago). Thanks for sharing that beautiful quilt -it brought back so many memories.

~Jean

happy birthday

Animated Happy Birthday#5

happy new year

happy new year

vintage from Shabby Cotage Studio

favorites

leona lewis--the first time
lara fabian--
ivana and luka--bed of roses
josipa lisac--ava maria

counter