Pink Saturday

Friday, May 9, 2008

Of Spring

This is a very wonderful hand painted plate made in Japan, a Noritake piece.



Faded roses!!!! They were so beautiful -yellow on the outside and the rusty brown red on the inside.
"O Heart, find here your counterpoise!
As darkness lies for you in waiting,
Be by God's goodness inspired,
That closes for you the dark abyss
Around the small universe of a faded rose!
from HWJM Keuls

Puddle from the other day when it rained so hard

fronds of a fern
green bursting out in the sunshine , you can actually see a bird that looks fuzzy in there by the tree trunk

A well worn and well used recipe of a Betty Crocker Chocolate cake that has served hundreds of people, wedding, birthday and just to munch on. Freezes well also . Very simple to make and moist too.



6 comments:

Barbara H. said...

What a neat variety of things! Faded roses are some of my favorites.

on the ROCKS said...

I always like to keep my roses even after they've dried. What a beautiful plate it looks so delicate. It is always so exciting watching the plants pop out of the ground in the Spring.

Anonymous said...

I love the variety of your post. I feel like you introduced to your life. Even the mud puddle. Living in Oregon, that is definitely something I can relate to!

Thru Pink Curtains said...

Hello Tiffany
My life is an open book. Every time i want to keep quiet about it something happens and i end up telling all. So here I am. God has been so good to me and I am blest and hope you are too!

Thru Pink Curtains said...

Hello Jaderocks
I know and even the poor plants grow anyway.. We had snow this morning. i wish it would get warm....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post, I am considering talking about the same in my blog. financial help
You nicely summed up the issue. I would add that this doesn’t exactly concenplate often. xD Anyway, good post…

happy birthday

Animated Happy Birthday#5

happy new year

happy new year

vintage from Shabby Cotage Studio

favorites

leona lewis--the first time
lara fabian--
ivana and luka--bed of roses
josipa lisac--ava maria

counter