Pink Saturday

Friday, November 14, 2008

pink my world


OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD

Women's Ministry meeting is in about three weeks now and i needed to come up with somethings for the ladies to do as they do not like crafts for some reason, so here is an idea for Christmas that they might like. It is doing something for others and that is operation christmas child. Click on the link here and you will see what others have done.....Link It is a touching story what Michael Smith did.

Here is how to pack a Shoe Box.....Link

Is this not pretty!!!! i found it on the internet on someones site. you probably have seen it when it was shown for another pink saturday. But the colors, the warm tea and candies will certainly warm you up when you look at the weather outside my pink curtains!!!
I covered my windows with plastic yesterday. The wind was just howling and blowing in a storm of 5 inches of snow. Winter comes and goes. And so does the sun. This week I was amazed to see a rainbow and now the snow. My pellet stove is keeping the house warm and soon there will be Christmas lights to put a warm glow to everything. Here is a song for you to listen to...make sure you turn the blog music off at the bottom of the page!!! and click the link under the title.....

NO ONE CARED BUT JESUS

VERSE 1
I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus
Since I found in Him a friend so strong and true
I would tell you how He changed my life completely
He did something that no other friend could do

CHORUS 1
No one ever cared for me like Jesus
There's no other friend so kind as He
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me
Oh how much He cared for me

VERSE 2
Everyday He comes to me with new assurance
More and more I understand His words of love
But I'll never know just why He came to save me
Till someday I see His blessed face above

REPEAT CHORUS 1
No one ever cared for me like Jesus
There's no other friend so kind as He
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me
Oh how much He cared for me

CHORUS 2
Oh yes, He cares
I know He cares
His heart is touched by my grief
When the days are dreary
The long nights weary
I know my Savior cares

TAG
When the days are dreary
The long nights weary
I know that Jesus cares
happy pink sabbath!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tea! I wish I could come over to join you! I am hoping to do some sort of Christmas child project this year. I wish I could get away with doing that rather than buying presents for my family as we already have way too much as it is. Happy Pink Saturday!

gbloom studio said...

Happy Pink Saturday! What a beautiful song! The tea is lovely those pink desserts look yummy!
Gina

Anonymous said...

Wow what a contrast to where we are. 90 degrees today, wildfires, smoke filled air. If people are covering their windows in plastic today, it's to keep the smoke out. Beautiful picture of the tea and goodies!! Stay warm :0)

Love this great old song!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I always do things at Christmas for less fortunate children through my church. So many in need for just the bascis and this year there will be even more.

I love your petit four cakes!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Hugs, Pat

Anonymous said...

Happy Sabbath to you, Bev. And, a Happy Pink Saturday, too.

This seems like a wonderful cause. We all need to do what we can to help.

And, those pink petit fours look so pretty.

Stay warm.

Anonymous said...

Hi PC! Oh, isn't Operation Christmas Child a wonderful organization. We do this each year at our church and it's such a blessing! Great idea!
Now, those sweet cakes and tea are pretty fancy! I love it.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

said...

I am familiar with the organization and think so highly of it.

The pink treats are too pretty to eat!

Katie said...

Yummy! Happy Pink Saturday!

suesueb said...

wonderful idea. so many children in need. we all have to do our best to help.happy pink saturday!

Anonymous said...

Bev, a beautiful post today. the children's project is awesome and your pink is good enough to eat. Yum. The words to that song...wonderful.

Hugs...Jeanne

Virginia said...

What a lovely thing to do.
We all need to do what we can to help others.
Have a Joyful & Bless week,
Virginia

Dee Light said...

Lovely tea set and petifores too.

Kathy said...

Love the "Operation Christmas Child" project - I did it for years. Pretty little tea cakes!
Kathy

happy birthday

Animated Happy Birthday#5

happy new year

happy new year

vintage from Shabby Cotage Studio

favorites

leona lewis--the first time
lara fabian--
ivana and luka--bed of roses
josipa lisac--ava maria

counter