Pink Saturday

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pilot me............

For some reason this blog is not letting me move the pictures around. They must shut down at night or something!!!! Anyway i had to drive into town and pick up my daughter and as you can tell it was pitch dark as they say....
I was wishing i had a camera that took good pictures at night because the sides of the road were so beautiful with the snow laden trees looking like plush pile , the sides of the road banked with snow, it was warm enough yet cold enough for the road to be tacky and not slippery. Stars were shining brightly and you could see the big dipper. Great night.
Alone on the road but for a trucker and a car or two. Then there was a car in front of me . and a thought crossed my mind.............i was wishing for Jesus.......and i was wondering about something pink for this post...........i had nothing............then these lights, two of them, not exactly pink but of the pink family..........how nice to have someone lead the way!!!! and in a moment of panic when you don't know how to speak or call the name of Jesus....he actually is there in fron t of you.....Think about the name of Jesus and he will lead you.
may you have a happy sabbath and a bright Pink Saturday!!!!!!





"Jesus, Savior, Pilot Me"
by Edward Hopper, 1818-1888

1. Jesus, Savior, pilot me
Over life's tempestuous sea;
Unknown waves before me roll,
Hiding rock and treacherous shoal.
Chart and compass come from Thee:
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

2. As a mother stills her child,
Thou canst hush the ocean wild;
Boisterous waves obey Thy will
When Thou say'st to them, "Be still!"
Wondrous Sovereign of the sea,
Jesus, Savior, pilot me.

3. When at last I near the shore,
And the fearful breakers roar
'Twixt me and the peaceful rest,
Then, while leaning on Thy breast,
May I hear Thee say to me,
"Fear not, I will pilot thee."






9 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't awesome how GOD makes his prescence? thank you for sharing, I enjoyed my visit, have a great weekend,Amy

Ed said...

What a lovely pink post, thanks for sharing it, have a lovely pink weekend. HPS to you xx

Fifi Flowers said...

Happy Pink Saturday! ENJOY your day! Fifi

Simply Heart And Home said...

A pink Saturday it is! We haven't had much snow yet. Only flurries. I am looking forward to it!

Take care!

Gina

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post. Happy Pink Saturday and have a great week-end.

Anonymous said...

I have had that happen as well. I remember one time I was riding the train into the city and feeling really down. The train went under the highway or something and suddenly on every pillar was painted a cross, probably 20 of them in all; they were everywhere. It was really remarkable and very meaningful! Happy pink Saturday!

said...

Those are amazing photos.

Ellen said...

Totally amazing post. Happy pinkness
Kindredly,EllenL

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Bev.

This post is so inspiring. We are always blessed because we always have God as our guide.

happy birthday

Animated Happy Birthday#5

happy new year

happy new year

vintage from Shabby Cotage Studio

favorites

leona lewis--the first time
lara fabian--
ivana and luka--bed of roses
josipa lisac--ava maria

counter